Whether you’re thinking about coming out, hoping to connect with other LGBT+ young people or simply want to make new friends, the Milwaukee LGBT Community Center offers programming specifically geared toward youth, ages 13 to 24, through Project Q.
Project Q (PQ) is a youth development program and safe space serving lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning and allied youth ages 13 to 24. PQ is an accepting, affirming, drug and alcohol-free environment where LGBTQ+ youth can identify and express themselves without fear of ridicule and harassment, fostering positive growth. We serve over 700 youth annually and focuses on building self-esteem and help ready our area youth for various life stages.
PROJECT Q Re-Opens Tuesday, September 5th from 3 PM – 7 PM
Welcome to the Milwaukee LGBT Community Center’s Youth Programming / Project Q space! Currently, we offer programming that includes social events such as movies, games, and arts activities. In addition, we provide structured programming through our partnerships with outside organizations that include seminars on wellness and life skills, and community discussions on social issues and identity. We have an extensive library of LGBTQ-themed books (over 3,000 titles!) for our youth to enjoy, as well as a “Cyber Center” that provides internet and printing access.
- We serve over 700 youth annually and focus on building self-esteem and help ready our area youth for various life stages.
- Advocate for and collaborate with programs and organizations that meet the varied needs of LGBTQ+ youth
Project Q Mission
- Provide culturally relevant, contemporary programs in a “for youth, by youth” space embodying positive cultural, social, educational and emotional development of youth
- Empower young adults to make healthy and informed decisions about health and wellness
- Advocate for and collaborate with programs and organizations that meet the varied needs LGBT+ youth
- Design and implement activities that build community and respect diversity
Activities & Services
In addition to providing a safe space, Project Q provides opportunities for development and leadership through a number of different activities. Some of the structured activities include:
- Workforce/job skills development
- Leadership and life skills activities
- Community service projects
- Expression/arts-based activities
- Alcohol, tobacco and other drug risk reduction activities
- Safe sex and healthy relationship education
- Assistance in starting a Gay-Straight Alliance
Location & Hours of Operation
1110 N. Market Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Project Q Youth hours of operation
Monday -Thursday 3 PM – 7 PM
Project Q staff are available to meet one-on-one with youth and young adults, Monday through Friday by appointment. Please call 414-271-2656 to schedule an appointment.
For more information about Project Q or to talk to a staff person, please contact us at
Be sure to check us out on Facebook to learn more our upcoming events and activities.