Programs & Services
- Anti-Violence Project: Supports LGBTQ survivors of domestic abuse, sexual assault and hate crimes through counseling, connecting victims to LGBT-friendly services and raising community awareness.
- Youth Services / Project Q: Youth development program that provides support, programming and resources to and with LGBTQ youth and their straight allies, ages 13-24.
- Financial Coaching Program: Helps LGBT youth, adults and elders to address financial issues, including financial education, job skills and retention, credit card debt reduction, identity theft, and financial planning for college or retirement.
- Counseling Services: Individual and group support with challenges faced by LGBTQ people.
- Speaking & Training: Provides speakers and training to schools, organizations and businesses.
SOCIAL AND ARTS OPPORTUNITIES
- Women Out to Brunch: A monthly gathering, for women, who share a dish-to-pass and enjoy conversation. It’s always delicious!
- TGIF: Relax with other Community Center friends every second or third Friday of the month from 5:00 to 7:00pm on. Hors d’oeuvres often are provided with a cash bar. Meet new people in interesting venues around Milwaukee.
- Gallery Night and Day: Experience art exhibits of various media from both LGBT and ally artists as part of the two-day premiere art event in Milwaukee presented by the Historic Third Ward Association. Exhibits are hosted at the Community Center every January, April, July and October.
- Rainbow Rec: LGBT Community Center’s version of your favorite “recreation” programs. Check the website for current offerings.
- Meeting Space: Provides meeting spaces for LGBT groups in the metropolitan Milwaukee area.
- David Bohnett CyberCenter: Offers free Internet access for adults and youth.
- LGBT Resource Directory and Information & Referral Line: Provides a resource directory which includes listings of LGBT-friendly service providers, such as doctors and attorneys.
- LGBT Community Lending Library: Over 2,000 LGBT-related books, both fiction and nonfiction.